Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Obama cuts SS benefits?

in response to a report along these lines on the Daily Kos, a commenter left this desperate, humorous comment:

People this side of 50 are upset, furious, scared, feeling betrayed, flim-flammed and increasingly hopeless. First our lifelong savings/assets are absolutely in the loo. Now we’re supposed to take another financial hit via SS reductions?

A few days ago, I sounded off about class warfare looming even larger in this country. I didn’t necessarily mean conventional warfare. Economic warfare waged on the most vulnerable citizens of this country: the aging and elderly, the poor, those edging ever-closer to being poor, those with disabilities, etc.

Congress is tone-deaf, and the wealthy tut-tut in the manner of Barbara Bush re the Katrina victims having a better life in Houston than in NOLA.

I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take this any more!! Oh, wait. I have no choice.

No comments: